internet explorer

ray

i keep getting cut off of internet explorer. i keep
getting cut off then back on every min or so but msn
still work.and the other 2 pcs in the house are ok they
stay on line. have i got a virus. i have got all the
updates of xp and norton. can you help

pauly [MSFT]

Hi Ray,

Regarding your post below, if this started happening recently in Windows
XP, please try rolling your system back to a state prior to when the
symptom happened using Windows XP System Restore:

306084 HOW TO: Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306084

283252 Non-Administrator User Is Unable to Start System Restore Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283252

If this is not possible or does not work, the problem could be due to 3rd
party Browser Helper Objects (BHOs) in Internet Explorer. We should check
for these and see about removing any found:

298931 How to Disable Third-Party Tool Bands and Browser Helper Objects
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=298931

831432 "Iexplore.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831432

Finally, if none of the above resolves the issuer, you may need to repair
IE by downloading and reinstalling SP1:

SP1 for Internet Exporer:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE