Internet Explorer-unable to make it my browser

G

I have spent two hrs trying to make IE my browser. I have compuserve ISP. when I go to preferences it only gives me the option to choose CS as browser, mail, etc. When I go to tools/communication, I keep clicking on 'make IE my browser" and check "IE should check if it is my browser", but it does no good at all. I have re-done that and re-started my computer, but it just won't stick. I went to Windows update and downloaded the latest version of IE, but it won't install it, it gives me the message "you have a more recent version of IE on your computer". When I do a search of my programs, it does not list IE6.x setup at all. (I had wondered if I downloaded and just did not install it). But no luck. I have no idea at all why ieUpdate says that I already have a more recent version if IE on my computer. Many sites won't let me access them, say that I need to use IE for them. I am at the end of my rope. Can anyone help??

M

Michael Burk [MSFT]

Try "Set Programs Access and Defaults" either on your start menu or in your
control panel and you should be able to set Internet Explorer as your
default browser.

--
Michael Burk
Longhorn Shell
http://msdn.microsoft.com/longhorn
----===========================----
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Ask a Question