Internet Explorer is being run in compatibility mode

G

Running Windows 2003 Terminal-server with latest patchs. When I try to open a link witch use an Acrobat Extension (and should open a .pdf fil), I revice the message
"This is being run in compatibility mode and not all features are enabled.

I have tried to switch on/off the "enable 3th. party implementation" in Internet Explorer with no luck.

Please respond to (e-mail address removed) as well to this newsgrou

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Lars,

There is an undocumented "-eval" switch with iexplore.exe and I've seen this message while launching IE with -eval parameter. On the contrary to the message, all the features of IE are still enabled. See if this helps (works in XP atleast)

Type "iexplore.exe -eval" in the RUN box and check "In the future, don't show this dialog".

If this does not help, the problem may be due to Adobe's plugin.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Running Windows 2003 Terminal-server with latest patchs. When I try to open a link witch use an Acrobat Extension (and should open a .pdf fil), I revice the message:
"This is being run in compatibility mode and not all features are enabled."

I have tried to switch on/off the "enable 3th. party implementation" in Internet Explorer with no luck.

Please respond to (e-mail address removed) as well to this newsgroup

Ask a Question