internet explorer and errors

I recently took my computer in to a "professional" only to get it back in the same state! I have no virus's or such to their knowledge or my mcafee program. However, everytime I start up internet explorer I am unable to kill it using the "X" or any other windows that might pop up with it, whether they are pop ups or just another window I started. I am also experiencing errors that give me 1 minute to save all work before automatic rebooting, it says NT authority\system remote procedure call service terminated unexpectedly. Those are a pain, but I also have tons or error reports going out! I don't seem to experience this with netscape navigator though. I want my explorer back! I have removed older version and installed new, but it's not working, HELP!

MGGP

Was he a professional or a PRO FISH 'N ALL . . .