Internet explorer 6

nubianprince

Help! Everytime I click on a link and a new window opens in
internet explorer, after i close it, I get this message
that says "internet explorer has encountered a problem and
needs to be shut down". I always send the error reports to
microsof, but nothing has been done yet. What can I do? I
have windows XP.

Mike

Tonight, I just installed the IE6 sp1 and have nothing
but problems with it. About every 2 min. I get the same
error - something to do with a tvmbho.dll file which I
cannot find any reference to. I must have sent Microsoft
about 20 error reports tonight. We'll see what happens.

Don Varnau

Hi,
This is probably being caused by a third-party program (adware, spyware,
parasite)

Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"nubianprince" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Don Varnau

Hi,
This is being caused by a third-party program (adware, spyware,
parasite)
TVMBHO is a BHO (Browser Helper Object) which you probably didn't
deliberately install.

Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

If these programs don't remove the malware, HijackThis should be used to
post a log to the appropriate forum at one of these sites.

All of these sites offer good help and they're all busy. Be patient. ;-)
HijackThis instructions and download:
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

Forums:
http://forum.mvps.org/ Excellent help- low traffic. Visit
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 before posting the log.

http://tomcoyote.com/forums/
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://boards.cexx.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Mike" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

David McKenzie

I have an open incident with MS on a similar issue - and an earlier post to
this group
1. number one answer to this is spyware
(I have none)
2. number two answer (thus far) is that IE is not handling a full cahce
condition.
There is some weight behind this supposition, as those experiencing
this problem here are regularly hitting sites with large JS and graphics as
well as one person with their cache set at 1 mb.

so
scan your system for viruses and spyware - make certain to get the most
up-to-date signatures
increase your IE cache by 200 mb or more
delete all your temp files

do NOT hold your breath waiting for microsoft to respond
this 'quality; recomendation i am passing on cost my organization $245

cheers