INTERNET CONNECTION

G

i AM USING WINDOWS 2000 ME AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROIBLEM ACCESSING THE NET. HOWEVER THE OTHER DAY I TRIED TO GET ON LINE AND GOT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE.1EXPLORE HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN KERNEL 32 DLL 1EXPLORE WILL NOW CLOSE. THE MESSAGE THEN ADVISED ME TO TRY A RESTART TO FIX THE PROBLEM IT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. I DONT KNOW IF I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME.

S

Steven L Umbach

This is a Windows 2000 newsgroup - not Windows ME. I am not real familiar with ME,
but you may try posting on one of the Internet Explorer newsgroups. Often such
problems can be fixed by reinstalling or repairing it. Different operating systems
have different procedures but you might try seeing if IE shows in Add/Remove programs
in Control Panel and try to remove it which usually will prompt you to try to repair
it. Good luck. --- Steve

PAUL F. WV said:
i AM USING WINDOWS 2000 ME AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROIBLEM ACCESSING THE NET.
HOWEVER THE OTHER DAY I TRIED TO GET ON LINE AND GOT THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE.1EXPLORE
HAS CAUSED AN ERROR IN KERNEL 32 DLL 1EXPLORE WILL NOW CLOSE. THE MESSAGE THEN
ADVISED ME TO TRY A RESTART TO FIX THE PROBLEM IT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM. I DONT
KNOW IF I AM IN THE RIGHT PLACE BUT CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME.

Ask a Question