Internal clock problem

Help with internal clock issue

The internal clock in the computer has lost its mind. It either gains or
loses time randomly. I have used the sync feature but it hasn't helped.
Specifically when I play on the POGO game site in a timed game I get an error
message that says" do not adjust your time" (and I haven't touched the
clock). When I glance at the clock the time had gained or lost at least 10
min.
Can the internal clock be disabled and if not how do I fix it. Any help
with this is greatly appreciated..

PvdG42

"Help with internal clock issue" <Help with internal clock
The internal clock in the computer has lost its mind. It either gains or
loses time randomly. I have used the sync feature but it hasn't helped.
Specifically when I play on the POGO game site in a timed game I get an
error
message that says" do not adjust your time" (and I haven't touched the
clock). When I glance at the clock the time had gained or lost at least
10
min.
Can the internal clock be disabled and if not how do I fix it. Any help
with this is greatly appreciated..

Following Geekboy, Does your clock lose time if you shut the system down
(remove all power) for a period of time? If so, you probably need to replace
the CMOS battery. The symptoms you describe, however, don't sound like the
battery. Have you tweaked your BIOS? If so, what happens if you reset to
defaults?
If these suggestions don't help, try posting in a Windows group, rather
than in this .NET programming group. Here's how to find the group you need.

As you appear to be using a web interface, start here to find an appropriate
group:

Click the + beside your language. then scroll down to Windows. In Windows,
open the category for your version of Windows. Find a group there to post
in.