Interactive logon privilege disabled

G

Scenario: numerous WinXP Pro clients on an SBS 2K domain. If I try to connect from the Server to any WinXP Pro client using RDC and using the user's login credentials I get the "interactive logon privilege has been disabled. Please contact your system administrator" message. If I try using the domain administrator credentials it works

1. The domain user is a member of the local Remote Desktop Users account on the client P
2. The domain user is a member of the local Administrators group on the client P
3. The domain user is "enabled" for Terminal Services logon in the AD on the domain controlle
4. Administrators and Remote Desktop Users groups are enabled for Terminal Services access on the client P

Can anyone think of any other settings I need to look at to get this to work. Ultimately I can access the PC using the Administrator's account but in certain circumstances I need to log on as the user; for example when trying to determine what has gone wrong with their Outlook profile

Many thank

Gerr

P

Patrick Burwell

You forgot the Dialin tab in AD Users and Computers

Patrick J Burwell
Support Analyst

G

thanks for the reply, Patrick

Dialin is actually already enabled for this particular user

Anyone with any other thoughts

many thank