Intel Skylake-X Core i7-7800X

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Vortez take a look at the Intel Skylake-X Core i7-7800X CPU, designed to compete with AMDs latest offerings for high-end desktop systems:

We already had opportunity to review the new Kaby Lake-X Core i7-7740X on the X299 platform, and in fairness failed to be blown away. As a product they are broadly similar to the mainstream i7-7700K in price, performance and features; as a result they’re difficult to justify on a more expensive platform. One slight ray of sunshine was improved overclocking versus the 7700K, but we shouldn’t generalise one engineering sample to be representative of the entire retail production run in this instance.

The entire launch range for Intel's Core X CPUs is something of a mixed bag, and that's without even considering the 12-18-core models anticipated later this summer. Two distinct CPU architectures, four different core counts, PCI-Express lanes supplied and of course price separate all the models, which will make choosing which CPU to opt for all the more difficult.

thumbnail_intel core i7-7800x skylake-x review - intro.jpg

Read the review here:
https://www.vortez.net/articles_pag...7800x_review_the_true_hedt_entry_point,1.html

Ask a Question