Intel P4 3.0 Ghz temps question .

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just finished building a pc with a Intel P4 3.0 Ghz Prescot 1 MB L2 Cache used Arctic Silver but only a stock cooler and was wondering if its running within temp specs . When money can be raised a better cooler will be fitted .

Idle temps .

Mobo 36 C
CPU 55 C
GPU 45 C
HDD 45 C

After half an hour of games play .

Mobo 37 C
CPU 75/85 C
GPU 60/65 C
HDD 50 C

Are these temps ok , I have a feeling that they may be a little high but still within safe limits .
Thanks in advance folks .

user.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Those Prescotts do run hot - but those temps seem hotter than I would like.

What are you using to measure?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Everest as I could not get Core Temp to work , it kept telling me I did not have an Intel Processor ? I added on ten degrees to the Everest temps as on my pc Core Temp seems to show higher temps than Everest so the temp figures are not 100% . Are the temps still within limits ? Have no money as just bought a new car . Was hoping to deliver this today . :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
With Speedfan

Mobo 27 C
CPU 50 C ----- after playing 70/75 C
HHD 37 C

Differnt to me last results . So I'm guessing that they are a tad high but within limits . Have plenty of case cooling so it must be the cpu cooler .
nod.gif

Haven't much time today busy busy . :D

Thanks Adyweb
happywave.gif

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Those are high, and personally I would get them down - could be that the cooler isn't seated properly, are you using the Arctic Silver as per the latest application instructions?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Those are high, and personally I would get them down - could be that the cooler isn't seated properly, are you using the Arctic Silver as per the latest application instructions?

Yep followed the destructions to the letter and used special cleane aswell . Darn heat . Me room temp is around 26 C . I find that me own pc is running around 5 to 10 C lower in thge evening and night . Have lots of windows in the rooms , great for light but its like living in a green house sometimes . :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Found this link ,

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/pentium4-570_4.html

An I konow its talking about 775 cpu's and mines a 468 cpu but they are Prescotts with DO cores same as mine and the temps seem similar to mine . I.m committed to travelling and delivering so I think I'll have to let it ride for the moment and hustle up a better cooler . Its back to college for the lass so no time for playing games hour after hour so I'll gte her mum to limit play time till its sorted :eek:
laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:D

Ask a Question