insufficient memory

G

how do I correct this message I keep receiving?

Insufficient memory to run this application. Quit one or more windows application and try again.

V

VManes

How much RAM do you have? How many program and background services do you
have running?

Is it always the same program that causes this? Is it a program made for
WinXP or older version of Windows?
Practice safe eating -- always use condiments.

"(e-mail address removed)"
how do I correct this message I keep receiving?

Insufficient memory to run this application. Quit one or more windows
application and try again.

G

mkucharik
I had the same problem and it was caused by too many programs running at startup. I fixed it by running "msconfig" as follows:
1. Click "Start" and then "Run";
2. In the open field, type "msconfig" and click on "OK";
3. This should bring up the window for "System Configuration Utility". Click on the tab labeled "Startup".
4. You should then see a list of items with checked boxes next to them. Remove the checks from every box except for software you may have installed, except for programs that relate to your keyboard (hotkeys), and except for your program that automatically seeks updates for your computer (such as BigFix).
5. The click on close and follows the instructions to reboot your computer.
6. Once you reboot, you will see a window that says, "You have used Selective Startup....". There will be a small check box next to "Don't show me this again". Mark this box by clicking on it and then click on OK.

By doing the above, you have not removed any programs, you have just disabled them during startup. You may still run the programs through your Start menu, or you can add them back to startup using the same procedure above. I disabled about 20 programs that were not needed at startup, and the "insufficient resources .." error went away.
jrc

Ask a Question