Instructions for proper frontpage search engine results

Mark Berling

Hi,

I have installed the Microsoft search engine with
Frontpage 2003. Can an enduser use boolean operators for
the instructions so I can add them to the site -
www.auburnnh.org/search.htm .

Thanks,

Mark Berling

Hi Tom,

I tried searching for a document with eaton and hill.
When I went to the browser "edit" "fing on (this page)"
some pages did not have both words. Am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks,

Mark

Thomas A. Rowe

Can you provide the URL to your search page?

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Hi Tom,

I think it's finding both words but not in sequential
order which I would like to do. Can I copy your
instructions on your search page?

Thanks,

Mark

Thomas A. Rowe

You may copy the text on my search page, as it was provided by Microsoft originally back with FP98.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Thomas A. Rowe

Since your site is hosted on an Unix/Linux server you are limited to use the FP WAIS text search
engine, which is not configurable.

You only option would a 3rd Party site search engine.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Ronx

Create a new Search page using the FP Search page template (File-New Page
Choose Search Page template) the instructions are attached to the page.

Ron

How do I change the way the position of the "Search for:,
the text box and the buttons are aligned? I tried adding
a <p> or <br> in the code and the page doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!

Mark

Stefan B Rusynko

Not possible to modify the webbot layout