Instant Search excludes included Archive Folders

CJSnet

Hi

I have Outlook 2007 Instant Search set up so my Archive Folders are ticked
to be included in searches and search results. The folders are also loaded
and accessible in Outlook.

Yet the search results only display items from my current PST, not the
archives. Is this a known bug?

I have tried rebuilding the search database to no effect.
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat the
crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

Roady [MVP]

That happens when you use the All Mail Items search? Are the items found
when you only search in the archive folder?

CJSnet

Hi Roady

Yes, I am searching all mail items not just the current folder. It doesn't
find the items then.

But if I search just in the archive folder that is currently selected, it
finds them fine :-S

Any ideas why?

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
CJSnet said:
Hi

I have Outlook 2007 Instant Search set up so my Archive Folders are
ticked to be included in searches and search results. The folders are
also loaded and accessible in Outlook.

Yet the search results only display items from my current PST, not the
archives. Is this a known bug?

I have tried rebuilding the search database to no effect.
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

Roady [MVP]

When you click on the little down arrow on the All Mail Items search are
both pst-files selected as well?

--

CJSnet said:
Hi

I have Outlook 2007 Instant Search set up so my Archive Folders are
ticked to be included in searches and search results. The folders are
also loaded and accessible in Outlook.

Yet the search results only display items from my current PST, not the
archives. Is this a known bug?

I have tried rebuilding the search database to no effect.
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

CJSnet

If you mean in Search Options, then yes all the PSTs are ticked - both my
current PST and the archives.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
Hi

I have Outlook 2007 Instant Search set up so my Archive Folders are
ticked to be included in searches and search results. The folders are
also loaded and accessible in Outlook.

Yet the search results only display items from my current PST, not the
archives. Is this a known bug?

I have tried rebuilding the search database to no effect.
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

CJSnet

Roady? Don't give up on me :)

CJSnet said:
Hi Roady

Yes, I am searching all mail items not just the current folder. It
doesn't find the items then.

But if I search just in the archive folder that is currently selected,
it finds them fine :-S

Any ideas why?
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

in message That happens when you use the All Mail Items search? Are the items
[...]

Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista? If Windows XP uninstall your
current version of Windows Desktop Search and install the latest version
which you can find here;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738FC2DE-49B9-4E69-9227-2206277AB7C9

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
CJSnet said:
Roady? Don't give up on me :)

"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net>
wrote in message
[...]

Thanks Roady, I have now tried this and sadly it still excludes all items
from Archive Folders.

Are you able to offer any other ideas?

Roady said:
Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista? If Windows XP uninstall your
current version of Windows Desktop Search and install the latest version
which you can find here;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738FC2DE-49B9-4E69-9227-2206277AB7C9

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
CJSnet said:
Roady? Don't give up on me :)

CJSnet said:
If you mean in Search Options, then yes all the PSTs are ticked - both
my current PST and the archives.
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

in message When you click on the little down arrow on the All Mail Items search

wrote in message
[...]

Scan both your pst-files for errors with scanpst.exe. If that doesn't work
try it with a clean mail profile;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Note that it might take some time to reindex the pst-files.

--

Roady said:
Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista? If Windows XP uninstall your
current version of Windows Desktop Search and install the latest version
which you can find here;
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=738FC2DE-49B9-4E69-9227-2206277AB7C9

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
Roady? Don't give up on me :)

wrote in message
[...]

I notice Windows Desktop Seach is not appeaing in Add/Remove any more. How
can I completely perform a destructive uninstall? Then reinstall...

wrote in message
[...]

Download the setup and run install. When it is installed already it will
prompt you to remove or repair it. If it is not installed it will prompt you
to install it.

--

CJSnet said:
Thanks Roady, I have now tried this and sadly it still excludes all
items from Archive Folders.

Are you able to offer any other ideas?
CJSnet

Recommended:
* http://search.superhighstreet.com - Finds anything or they pay!
* http://www.superhighstreet.com & http://www.oxfordstreet.com - Beat
the crowds with Virtual Streetscapes

[remove 'teeth' to e-mail me]

in message Are you running Windows XP or Windows Vista? If Windows XP uninstall

wrote in message
[...]

I wish that were so, but it does neither, it just launches straight into
setup after I click Next. There is no option to Repair or Remove. It is
like it can never see that itself is already installed. I have tried
several times. How can I destructively remove it?