Installing FP2000--Mistake?

Reaction score
I have a brand new in the box Front Page 2000 (two CDs) that I bought years ago, now I want to build a web site so I installed it. In the BIN folder there are two executables, FPSERVWIN.EXE and fp98swin.exe. When I tried FPSERVWIN.exe it says “There is a newer version of server extensions on this machine”, and “To configure these extensions use the Service Extension Administrator or the Internet Service Manager”. I don’t know what they’re talking about, so I tried fp98swin.exe and it first asked for FP30wel.dll then FP30utl.dll, both of which I found on Web, dwnlded and installed. Now I get a FrontPage Server Administrator window and it’s asking for Server Configuration information.

So I clicked on Help and it says it needs “fp98swin.HLP” I Googled for that and another help site had a user with the same question, and the response was: “was looking fp98swin.hlp for you, and even setup frontpage98. But There is no such file like "fp98swin.hlp".”

Can anyone help me get FrontPage 2000 running on my XP system, Svc Pck 2? Or should I forget it and get something real simple--all I want to do is advertise homes for sale that I have re-habbed. Any free stuff that could do that? I have a web host and a site template set up, all I want to do is upload pictures and text and maybe short videos.

Thanks,

Ask a Question