Installer error 2755

Chris

Have a W2000 Pro machine, which has Office 2000 installed
on it. All of a sudden, this machine has stopped
recognising that this is installed and now asks for the
program disk each time you go to open an Office ducoment,
to reinstall. However, this only gets to the licence key
bit then brings up an error 2755 message.

This same message also appears when trying to install
other software.

I have loaded Service pack 3, incidentally.

Any ideas?

Chris

Dave Patrick

Ask them in office.setup and or office.misc

Microsoft MVP [Windows NT/2000 Operating Systems]
Microsoft Certified Professional [Windows 2000]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect.

:
| Have a W2000 Pro machine, which has Office 2000 installed
| on it. All of a sudden, this machine has stopped
| recognising that this is installed and now asks for the
| program disk each time you go to open an Office ducoment,
| to reinstall. However, this only gets to the licence key
| bit then brings up an error 2755 message.
|
| This same message also appears when trying to install
| other software.
|
| I have loaded Service pack 3, incidentally.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Chris

Dave Patrick

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Chris" <[email protected]>
Subject: Installer error 2755
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 04:00:18 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

--

Chris,

You may want to look at the following article also.

324906 - Cannot Start an Office Program After You Install Service Pack 3 (SP3) for Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];324906

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.