Installation challenge

Michael Schiavone

I recently bought Powerpoint 2002 (full version). Upon
installation attempt, the program looks for a qualifying
product. The install returns a code 1608 and quits. I
have Office installed already and am confused as to why
it cannot install. Please advise.

Thanks... Michael

Michael Koerner

Sounds like you have Microsoft Office Small Business Edition installed, and that is not a qualifier for the PowerPoint Upgrade. You might want to have a look here http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/upgrading.asp

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><>

I recently bought Powerpoint 2002 (full version). Upon
installation attempt, the program looks for a qualifying
product. The install returns a code 1608 and quits. I
have Office installed already and am confused as to why
it cannot install. Please advise.

Thanks... Michael

Michael Koerner

The site just tells you which version of SBE and other versions of MSOffice which qualify for the upgrade

--
<>Please post all follow-up questions/replies to the newsgroup<>
<><><>Do Provide The Version Of PowerPoint You Are Using<><><>
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

The powerpoint program/version does not indicate that it
is an upgrade. My computer does have the Microsoft office
xp small business edition. What do i look for when I go
to the site?
Using said:
<><><>Do Not Post Attachments In This Newsgroup<><><>
Michael Koerner [MS PPT MVP]

"Michael Schiavone" <[email protected]>