Windows 7 INSTALL W7 on a laptop

Reaction score
Don’t laugh I ain`t done this before.:lol:

Q installing W7 on a Acer laptop [Vista] anything I need to do regarding drivers or other bloat already installed by Acer?
As I intend to format the existing OS?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Some hotkeys may not work without Acer bloat installed, but it can all be got from the acer website.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Assuming you have a Win 7 disk and not just a restore disk from Acer I'd always recommend wiping all the crud supplied with most laptops and putting in a clean version of the OS.

Watch out for which key to press for fresh install when you switch the thing on, the options always seem to flash by very quickly.

Only real disadvantage I can think of by not using laptop bloatware is not having the energy saving functions when you're on battery power but as V_R said you can probably download that part of the Acer software from their site if you need it.

Reaction score
Assuming you have a Win 7 disk and not just a restore disk from Acer I'd always recommend wiping all the crud supplied with most laptops and putting in a clean version of the OS.

Watch out for which key to press for fresh install when you switch the thing on, the options always seem to flash by very quickly.

Only real disadvantage I can think of by not using laptop bloatware is not having the energy saving functions when you're on battery power but as V_R said you can probably download that part of the Acer software from their site if you need it.

I dont work on manufactured PCs or Laptops this is why I ask:) it is my Brothers laptop.
New windows 7 with key.
I assume that if I set bios as per normal 1st boot CD disable all others and do a fresh install that should be fine? as for energy saving that wont be a problem.

Thanks FBS and all who have answered me :thumb:

Ask a Question