install second OS

E

esmo

I had been running XP Pro and 98 SE on the same computer with two hard drives using Boot Magic from Power Quest. The drive with 98 failed and I bought a new one. It is still uninstalled and unformatted. I remember reading somewhere that in order to have both XP and 98 reside on the dame machine that 98 must be installed first. Is this true? I'd appreciate someone telling me how to go about getting 98 back on my computer without first removing XP. Also how to format the new hard drive so it will be bootable. My present drive is formatted fat 32. I have V.7 of bootmagic. Thanks

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How do I install Windows® 98/Me after I've installed XP?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_9x.htm

[Courtesy of Doug Knox, MS-MVP]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been running XP Pro and 98 SE on the same computer with two hard drives using Boot Magic from Power Quest. The
drive with 98 failed and I bought a new one. It is still uninstalled and unformatted. I remember reading somewhere
that in order to have both XP and 98 reside on the dame machine that 98 must be installed first. Is this true? I'd
appreciate someone telling me how to go about getting 98 back on my computer without first removing XP. Also how to
format the new hard drive so it will be bootable. My present drive is formatted fat 32. I have V.7 of bootmagic.
Thanks

Ask a Question