Install 64-Bit Vista Business after installing 32-Bit Vista Premiu

My computer has an AMD 3000 64-Bit Processor. I bought 32-Bit Windows Vista
Home Premium and ordered 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade Disk from Microsoft,
as recommended. I installed 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium before 64 Bit
Vista Business Upgrade Disk arrived. Now, when I try to install 64 Bit Vista
Business Upgrade, from 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium. I get a message
saying that the 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade is not compatible. Can the
64-Bit version be installed from the 32-Bit version or must I uninstall the
32-Bit version.

Anyone, please help!

DickLem said:
My computer has an AMD 3000 64-Bit Processor. I bought 32-Bit Windows Vista
Home Premium and ordered 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade Disk from Microsoft,
as recommended. I installed 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium before 64 Bit
Vista Business Upgrade Disk arrived. Now, when I try to install 64 Bit Vista
Business Upgrade, from 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium. I get a message
saying that the 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade is not compatible. Can the
64-Bit version be installed from the 32-Bit version or must I uninstall the
32-Bit version.

Anyone, please help!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Dick,
You will have to boot from the X64 DVD to do the installation.
the 32-bit version cannot run 64 executable files and setup.exe from teh
64-bit version is a 64-bit executable.
There is no upgrade path from 32-bit to 64-bit.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?RGlja0xlbQ==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: RE: Install 64-Bit Vista Business after installing 32-Bit Vista
Premiu
|>Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:31:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>

|>"DickLem" wrote:
|>
|>> My computer has an AMD 3000 64-Bit Processor. I bought 32-Bit Windows
Vista
|>> Home Premium and ordered 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade Disk from
Microsoft,
|>> as recommended. I installed 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium before
64 Bit
|>> Vista Business Upgrade Disk arrived. Now, when I try to install 64 Bit
Vista
|>> Business Upgrade, from 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium. I get a
message
|>> saying that the 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade is not compatible. Can
the
|>> 64-Bit version be installed from the 32-Bit version or must I uninstall
the
|>> 32-Bit version.
|>>
|>> Anyone, please help!

Rock

DickLem said:
My computer has an AMD 3000 64-Bit Processor. I bought 32-Bit Windows
Vista
Home Premium and ordered 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade Disk from
Microsoft,
as recommended. I installed 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium before 64
Bit
Vista Business Upgrade Disk arrived. Now, when I try to install 64 Bit
Vista
Business Upgrade, from 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium. I get a message
saying that the 64 Bit Vista Business Upgrade is not compatible. Can the
64-Bit version be installed from the 32-Bit version or must I uninstall
the
32-Bit version.

You can use the the same product key to install with the x64 DVD but it can
only do custom install from x86. The install is started by booting the x64
DVD, it sees the installed OS, then you can do a custom install. Use
Windows Easy Transfer (WET) on the current installation to save data and
settings to a USB drive or CD/DVD, do the install, install apps from the
original media, and use WET to transfer in the data and settings.