Instalation Probelsm with Vista Business edition

I have been trying to upgrade my XP to the Business version on Windows BUT
everytime I do (tried 4 times), it uninstalls after completing. I can only
presume it is something to do with an uncompatible driver (nVidia graphic
driver I think) . I did run the Vista windows test for compatibility which
gave me some minor suggestions but did say it should work fine. This is very
frustrating and i do not know where to turn for advice (hence I am here!)
HELP!!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Have you checked the log files:
927521 Windows Vista setup log file locations
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;927521

in particular: these two logs
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log Contains information about
setup actions during the installation.
C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setuperr.log Contains information about
setup errors during the installation.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?TWF1eA==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Instalation Probelsm with Vista Business edition
|>Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:54:01 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>I have been trying to upgrade my XP to the Business version on Windows
BUT
|>everytime I do (tried 4 times), it uninstalls after completing. I can
only
|>presume it is something to do with an uncompatible driver (nVidia graphic
|>driver I think) . I did run the Vista windows test for compatibility
which
|>gave me some minor suggestions but did say it should work fine. This is
very
|>frustrating and i do not know where to turn for advice (hence I am here!)
|>HELP!!

Yes and it said all would be fine. I have now finally loaded the program but
I cannot use Internet Explorer! THEREFORE cannot fully activate my system. I
have a legal copy and am very frustrated! Any idea how I can 1. either get
IE7 to work or 2. phone in my registration? HELP again :)

I have not yet checked those files BUT I have now finally loaded the program
but I cannot use Internet Explorer! THEREFORE cannot fully activate my
system. I have a legal copy and am very frustrated! Any idea how I can 1.
either get IE7 to work or 2. phone in my registration? HELP again :)

What version of XP are you trying to do the upgrade. I think that you can
only upgrade to Vista Business from XP Pro

I have/had XP Pro! Thanks - any suggestions?

bill said:
What version of XP are you trying to do the upgrade. I think that you can
only upgrade to Vista Business from XP Pro

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
With no information, it's hard to identify why Internet Explorer is not
working so I cannot answer that question.
As for Phone Activation, open a elevated CMD prompt and run slui 4.