Inovation ... you just got to love it.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Now I have seen everything ...

Here you go ... do you 'need' to rewind your CD, that's right I said rewind it ... those of us that had a tape recorder know what I mean. We all know what a hex pencil was for. ;)

OK, all you do on this site is;

1. Enter your Credit Card details or Use PayPal
2. Insert the CD/DVD into your drive
3. Wait ... 59 seconds

Easy init ... :D

http://www.uncoolcentral.com/DVDrewind.htm

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
OMG!! that has to be the funniest scam i've seen, how many people do you reckon fall for this ?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
OMG!! that has to be the funniest scam i've seen, how many people do you reckon fall for this ?
What do you mean scam? ... don't you have to re-wind your DVD before taking it back to Blockbuster's or whoever? ... Dont you just hate it when you hire a DVD only to find some bugger left it half way through the movie?

Naw, good idea really, cheap enough ... :thumb:

:D

* NOTE: if you actually press "Buy Now" you don't go very far ... and you can't use a CC card ... I took the whole thing for what it is ... it's a joke*

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
It just goes to show that you don't have to have a really technical mind to rip people off !!! :eek:

EDIT: We know its a joke, but I wonder how many people take it seriously :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
CITech said:
It just goes to show that you don't have to have a really technical mind to rip people off !!! :eek:

EDIT: We know its a joke, but I wonder how many people take it seriously :D
Well ... more fool them, but they at least will not get 'charged' anything or any CC details disclosed.

I thought it was hilarious ... I'm still laughing. Remember the "Hire Tapes" that had to be re-wound or you got a fine ... :D

Have a look at some of the other stuff. ;)

Reaction score
Stupid People Just should not be allowed to use advanced technology

Actually this just goes to show that there should be minimal requirements to use a computer and internet. Here is brief description of what the test should look like.

Basic Pc User Licensing Test:
1. Please point out your monitor.
2. Please point out your tower/desktop unit.
3. Please locate both PC and Monitor power buttons.
4. Please answer True or False " I don't have to know where the power button is, I never turn the thing off any way"
*************I think we get the point with this one**************

Basic Internet User License and Agreements:
[] By checking the box located to the left, I agree and understand that my Computer Manufacturer, IT personel and the store in which I purchased the product from, ARE NOT RESPONCIBLE for the stupid things I have/will do on the internet. I do understand that it is browse at your own risk.
[] By checking the box located to the left, I do understand that their are certain risks and threats which can potentially damage my system and information, and that I will need to practice good browsing habits in order to remain as safe as possible.

Questions:
1. Define ISP
2. You are using dial up, you are unable to check your email, and the lights in your area have been out for the last 3 days due to a hurricane. What steps should be taken next?
a. Contact your local ISP and scream at them and demand compensation
b. Contact the local store you purchased the pc from and call the sales rep a liar.
c. Call the manufacturer, tell them your internet is down, forget to tell them that the power is out, and argue that the dial up should be working because it uses the same line you are currently speaking on.
d. Wait patiently for power to return, once you are able to turn on the pc normally, and phone service are in correct order, attempt to log on normally

3. True or False: I have AOL 9.0 and/or Norton Antivirus 2006. That means I can never get a virus
4. True or False: I purchased anti spyware and had it professionally installed. The IT department who did the install are responsible to return to my home every week and run the software for me, I mean thats why I paid them to install it.
***************And we know where I'm going with this**************

Basically it would not have to be technical, I don't expect some elderly women to call in and say that her TCP/IP setting are not correct and she cannot connect to her VPN. I just want to avoid --- "DR" I knowwutimdoing to call in to some tech and say that his computer wont turn on, he has been on vacation for 2 weeks, and thinks that wiggling the mouse IS the on button.

Last edited:

Ask a Question