Increasing CPU Usage

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've noticed that one of my machines is only running at 50% CPU usage with system idle process at 50%.

The processor is a Pentium 4 3ghz 630 Prescott HT - anyone know how I can get it to work at 100%?

ps. I know, I know it should be an Athlon:p

Reaction score
It actually is working at 100% - its using all availiable processor time, the other 50% is the Hyperthreadings virtual processor.

You can run two instances of it, but i dont know if you would get any more results!!

http://blakenyc77.tripod.com/udtweaker.html - that will allow you to tweak WCG if you want. I used it for a while, then started running as a service on the other machines :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I've found the answer HERE

Basically its not a problem, its just that Windows thinks a HT chip is two seperate processors and records the load as 50% when in fact its working 100% :rolleyes:

At least the answer is here for future reference:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ah Chris you beat me to it - well done mate!:D

Reaction score
:D

*Chris pokes his tongue out at Adywebb and relishes in the fact that he got there first :p*

;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
:D

*Chris pokes his tongue out at Adywebb and relishes in the fact that he got there first :p*

;)
028.gif

Ask a Question