inbox repair tool and scanpst.exe Office 2007

I've read some of the other posts on this problem. I cannot locate either of
these folders or files on my system. I have show hidden files active.
I've also looked on the CD for office 2007 and do not see them.
I have this error message
Cannot start Microsoft Office Outllook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The
set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have beeen detected in the file
C:\usres\Randallk.
Wolf\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Quit Outlook and all
mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe)
to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more....;

I did try and reinstall the office standard and that did not change
anything.
Thanks for the help.

I am having exactly the same problem ... I have "successfully" repaired
Office 2007 ... no sign of Inbox Repair nor scanpst.exe. I try to load
Outlook and my pst file must be corrupt because I get an error and my only
option is to close or search for a solution (which is not found) and then
close Outlook. I'm surprised that Microsoft has not responded to this issue

Brian Tillman

Marvin said:
I am having exactly the same problem ... I have "successfully"
repaired Office 2007 ... no sign of Inbox Repair nor scanpst.exe.

Look in %ProgramFiles%Microsoft Office\OFFICE12
I try to load Outlook and my pst file must be corrupt because I get an
error

And the exact text of that error is?

I do not have "inbox repair" showing up in my Programs menu. Furthermore, I
do not have scanpst.exe on my hard drive (yes ... I am showing all hidden
files). I "repaired" Office 2007 and completed it successfully. Still no
inbox repair nor scanpst.exe shows up on the hard drive. I strongly suspect
the file is corrupt since it was working a couple of weeks ago and now does
not. After I load up Outlook, I try to access the contacts/email files and
receive the message that the file is corrupt and I need to run scanpst.exe. I
have also tried to download updates and install them manually but that does
not work either. I'm in a frustrating loop.

Can I run scanpst from the CD? Is there a third party utility that will work
(hopefully I can take advantage of a trial and not have to buy the software)?
Other suggestions?

Brian Tillman

Marvin said:
I do not have "inbox repair" showing up in my Programs menu.
Furthermore, I do not have scanpst.exe on my hard drive (yes ... I am
showing all hidden files). I "repaired" Office 2007 and completed it
successfully. Still no inbox repair nor scanpst.exe shows up on the
hard drive.

I can't explain this, because scanpst is installed with every version of
Outlook I've used.
Can I run scanpst from the CD?

Search the installation CD for it and, if found, try it.
Is there a third party utility that
will work (hopefully I can take advantage of a trial and not have to
buy the software)?

There are many PST recovery tools that have trial versions. Google will
find them easily.

JimGo

Did you get this fixed? I am having the same problem. My sent file in
outlook is not working and I get a message that suggests that I locate and
run the Scanpst.exe. I cannot find it even when I follow the path
recommended. I ran the diagnostic tools and it did not detect any problems.

Gordon

JimGo said:
Did you get this fixed? I am having the same problem. My sent file in
outlook is not working and I get a message that suggests that I locate and
run the Scanpst.exe. I cannot find it even when I follow the path
recommended. I ran the diagnostic tools and it did not detect any
problems.

In Office 2007 scanpst.exe is here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\

You will need to show hidden and system files....

JimGo

I apologize for what may seem like a stupid quesiton. I went into tools and
click to show hidden files and folders. But I still get C:\program
Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft office tools instead of the Office 12 that
the instructions indicates and you indicate in your e mail. What am I doing
wrong?

JimGo

I found the scanpst.exe file. Thank you.

JimGo said:
I apologize for what may seem like a stupid quesiton. I went into tools and
click to show hidden files and folders. But I still get C:\program
Files\Microsoft Office\Microsoft office tools instead of the Office 12 that
the instructions indicates and you indicate in your e mail. What am I doing
wrong?

Tammy A

Hi, had the same problem. I did find scanpst.exe with your help but when I
type in the file name
(c:\users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst) it says the file
name is invalid yet this is exactly the "corrupt" file that Outlook says
prevents the program from opening.

Where do I go from here?
Much appreciated . . .

Kim1221

I'm having the same problem. I found the Scanpst.exe file. this file and
another file named Outlookpst look to be corrupt. Both are showing a broken
envelope. Is is the file that is suppose to repair other files? How can i fix
an application file?

Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can't tell you how annoying it is to find all these people having the same problem I have (i.e. not being able to find the scanpst.exe file where everyone says it should be), and then finding them saying something like, "Ok - I found it, but I still have such-and-such problem." WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?!

Sorry if I sounded angry - I'm not really. Just a little frustrated.

TIA

D0ughb0y

--
TA