Inbox is Empty in Outlook 2007 with Cached Mode

David

I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. When I open it up in Cached
Mode, my inbox is showing up as empty. When I login through OWA,
there are definitely emails in my inbox, so I should be seeing
something. If I open up Outlook with Cached Mode turned off,
everything show sup in my inbox.

This appears to be restricted to my inbox. My Sent Items, Drafts, and
Deleted Item are not effected by this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

neo [mvp outlook]

Do you have a view set that could be causing this problem? (e.g. start
Outlook with /cleanviews to delete all custom views and reset the built-in
ones back to their defaults.)

Do you have a filter set to not sync items that meet a given criteria? (e.g.
Right click on "Inbox" folder and select properties. Go to the
synchronization tab to review.)

If all else fails, you can delete the .OST file while Outlook is closed.
Next time you start Outlook, a new .OST file will be created and sync'd
against the server.

I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007. When I open it up in Cached
Mode, my inbox is showing up as empty. When I login through OWA,
there are definitely emails in my inbox, so I should be seeing
something. If I open up Outlook with Cached Mode turned off,
everything show sup in my inbox.

This appears to be restricted to my inbox. My Sent Items, Drafts, and
Deleted Item are not effected by this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem. I cleaned the views, I
cleared filters (which there weren't any to begin with) and I deleted
the OST file. My Inbox in Outlook is still empty. Any more ideas?

neo [mvp outlook]

Any items being posted to the Sync Issues folders?

Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem. I cleaned the views, I
cleared filters (which there weren't any to begin with) and I deleted
the OST file. My Inbox in Outlook is still empty. Any more ideas?

David

No, there are not any items in any of the Sync folders.

Everything in my Sent Items, Drafts, and Deleted Items are synched and
work fine. This problem is only limited to my Inbox.

Right now I have Chached mode turned off and everything is working
fine. This is only a short term fix for me as I need to be able to
use Cache mode as I am disconnected from the network quite frequently.

neo [mvp outlook]

What type of 3rd party things do you have installed that protect, scan, use,
index, sync, fax, .etc Outlook data?

About the only safe thing I have left to suggest is to start Outlook 1 time
with the /resetfolders command line switch.

No, there are not any items in any of the Sync folders.

Everything in my Sent Items, Drafts, and Deleted Items are synched and
work fine. This problem is only limited to my Inbox.

Right now I have Chached mode turned off and everything is working
fine. This is only a short term fix for me as I need to be able to
use Cache mode as I am disconnected from the network quite frequently.

David

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. I used the /
resetfolders switch with no change. I ran the Office Diagnostics and
it found one problem that it corrected, but it didn't fix this cache
mode issue.

The only 3rd Party plug in is Acrobat PDFMaker 9.0.

Another note, when I look at folder sizes, it shows that my Local Data
Inbox is 0KB and my Server Data Inbox is 423KB. The status bar shows
all folders are up to date. Yet my inbox still shows that there are
no items to view.

I am stumped.

David

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem. I used the /
resetfolders switch with no change. I ran the Office Diagnostics and
it found one problem that it corrected, but it didn't fix this cache
mode issue.

The only 3rd Party plug in is Acrobat PDFMaker 9.0.

Another note, when I look at folder sizes, it shows that my Local Data
Inbox is 0KB and my Server Data Inbox is 423KB. The status bar shows
all folders are up to date. Yet my inbox still shows that there are
no items to view.

I am stumped.

David

I don't know exactly what was wrong, but I have fixed the problem. I
deleted my Outlook Profile and added a new profile. From that point
on, it has worked fine.

Thanks for all of the ideas.

"David" <[email protected]> wrote in message
No, there are not any items in any of the Sync folders.
Everything in my Sent Items, Drafts, and Deleted Items are synched and
work fine.  This problem is only limited to my Inbox.
Right now I have Chached mode turned off and everything is working
fine.  This is only a short term fix for me as I need to be able to
use Cache mode as I am disconnected from the network quite frequently.
Any items being posted to the Sync Issues folders?
Thanks, but I'm still having the same problem. I cleaned the views, I
cleared filters (which there weren't any to begin with) and I deleted
the OST file. My Inbox in Outlook is still empty. Any more ideas?
On Aug 25, 3:23 pm, "neo [mvp outlook]"
[...]
Any help would be greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -