Outlook inbox error message

Reaction score
Hello experts

my outlook inbox not opening and showing a message '' there are no items in this folder''

please assist me

thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Hilma,

Welcome to the forums. We'll need a bit more information to assist. Who is your e-mail provider? If it's a web service that holds all of your e-mails (Outlook.com, GMail, Office 365), I'd just delete the account and re-create it in Outlook. If it's a POP3 account from an ISP then that may not be as easy.

Which version of outlook are you using?

Reaction score
Hi Ian
Thanks Ian for your response.
It is POP3 from an ISP using outlook 2010.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks :). Do you get that error message in all Outlook folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items) etc...? If you send a new e-mail to yourself, does that appear as expected?

Also, if you go to File > Account Settings and then click on the data file tab. From here you should see the path where your e-mails are stored. If you can navigate to this folder and see how big the data file is, that may indicate if there is any data there.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks :). Do you get that error message in all Outlook folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items) etc...? If you send a new e-mail to yourself, does that appear as expected?

Also, if you go to File > Account Settings and then click on the data file tab. From here you should see the path where your e-mails are stored. If you can navigate to this folder and see how big the data file is, that may indicate if there is any data there.

Yes I am always get the same message in all folders and No email going through. when I tried to open one of the folders It shows a sign like downloading but never open,

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question