inacessable boot device (2000 serverfamily)

Reaction score
Hi
I have been working on this server for 4 days.It first was locked up on return from vacation.Restarted it and it came up with the (innacessable_boot_device) error I checked memory,cables and other items and purchased a new 300g hd to replace the (what I thought) failing HD. the system had a external backup hd and a internal as well.Used bounce back and recovered from the external drive. After completion rebooted to the same error.Took the other swap bay (has the data on it like the master) connected it as master and the same error. Ran emergency recover (2000 cd) and after that the same thing. It seems no matter where the backup comes from it has the same error.Any ideas greatly appreciated
I also tried the hd in another computer and got the same error. Is it some kindof virus? happened on about the 18th of december.All backups are about a week before that.
Thanks in advance
system
2000 server family(small buisiness)
1gb mem
3 ide/ata hd
1 scsi hd
Tyan s2099 MB

Ask a Question