IMPORTANT: READ Before WU SP1 (KB937287)

Patrick

Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now

NOW WTF MS :)

any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen again

man I was sweating there

Patrick

here is what update history told me lol

BETA lol I don't want Beta :)

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

Installation date: ‎2/‎21/‎2008 4:38 AM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 800F0816

Update type: Important

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta is an update to Windows Vista that
addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 Beta addresses
specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware
and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this
item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

Tony Sperling

Personally, I keep AU on - but I am very cautious since it would love to
update my trusted IE6 behind my back, so I tick the autoinstall feature off
and carefully watch anything it has downloaded before installing!

Tony. . .

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, my preferred setting is download everything, install only what I tell
you to install.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
There is now a knowledgebase article published on this issue:
949358 Updates do not install successfully and your computer is continually
restarting when you try to install updates from Windows Update on a Windows
Vista computer.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;949358
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|> From: "David F" <[email protected]>
|> Subject: IMPORTANT: READ Before WU SP1 (KB937287)
|> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:38 -0500
|> Newsgroups:
microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.genera

http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2008/02/19/update-on-
windows-vista-sp1-prerequisite-kb937287.aspx

|> We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing
as a
|> result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

Frank

thetruthhurts said:
I guess M$ doesn't test fixes either.

Hey as*hole...what's wrong...isn't your handle 'thetruthhurts' not
working for you so you feel the need to seal someone elses?
Loser!
Frank