import "corrupted" pst files

G

same ole story. new computer, new outlook. i want to bring together all my email for the last 4 years. well, the last 2 were saved on a webmail account, so i just downloaded those and everything went smoothly. then i found i have several old PST files from 2000 and 2001. well, 2 or 3 of them imported perfectly into my new inbox. i was extactic to see i had 1153 unread messages (i know, i'm weird). well, importing the other files (all over 100MB, so i know there's good info in them), it gave me an error message after much of the material is imported of "The Operation has Failed." Well, it copied about half of the stuff into my inbox. So, i thought this was odd. then i ran the SCANPST.exe on that file (and the other that i know were "corrupted"). Next, I went to FILE|OPEN|OUTLOOK DATA FILE and merely opened the same file, just peek in. well, this is how i found out parts of the file were imported. yeah, i could SEE all the messages. ie: originally, 1 folder had eight messages in it. that folder copied with 3 of the 8 message. the other 5 messages did'nt go, and when i try to manually click and drag/copy them into the appropriate folder it says, "Can't move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." then i tried to copy the files directly (as opposed to moving them), and only the 3 that had moved before copied (so now i had 2 of each of those 3 in the same folder). so, as you can see, my dilema is that i can READ and view, and organize these old "corrupted" messages, so they're not entirely corrupt. All pertinent information (date, time, to, from, etc) all are present, but the messagaes won't budge from their locations into the new folder. What'll I do? What'll I do? What'll I What'll I do

Thanks in advance to any ideas
-James

R

Roady [MVP]

Did scanpst.exe fixed any errors for you? Run it again after if repaired to
make sure all the errors are gone. When you move the file first clear all
the Deleted Items folders and try again.

--
Roady [MVP]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures
-Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3

Ask a Question