Import 80+ pg document into Word 2007

Renee B.

How do I import an 80+ pg .pdf document into a Word 2007 template? I've tried

Insert Tab --> Text --> Object --> Create From File --> Browse to the file.

The result is the 1st page of the file is imported and nothing else. What
is the right way to import an entire document into a word template?

Jay Freedman

The Insert > Text part is ok, but DO NOT just click the Object button.
Instead, click the down arrow on the right edge of that button to display a
two-item menu, and choose Text From File. Then browse for the file.

That's an entirely different command than creating an "object", which can't
span a page break. (If you've used Word 2003 or earlier, this command is the
old Insert > File, which is not the same as Insert > Object.)

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
all may benefit.

Graham Mayor

As Jay says - Objects cannot span pages. PDF is not a compatible Word format
so may only be inserted as an object while it remains in that format. Your
options are to convert it to a Word document or to split it into several one
page PDFs, which would be impractical for an 80 page PDF.

You could convert the Word part to PDF and use a PDF creation tool that
allows combining PDF documents (such as Acrobat) to combine the PDF from
your document with the 80 page jobby.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com

From: "Renee B." <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Import 80+ pg document into Word 2007
Date: 14 September 2009 20:46

Thank you Jay. Is there a way for me to import a multi page pdf into word?

Renee B.

Thanks Graham! Now I know that it can't be done in Word alone. Hopefully the
tool will allow me to do an overlay. I'll check into acrobat cs4 pro. I've
been meaning to get it so I guess it's time to quit putting it off.

Thanks Again!