imm32.dll error

CR

Hi there,
I've been having the error message: The application or Dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please
check this against your installation diskette.

The problem is, I don't have a windows xp disc because it came
installed on my computer when I bought it. I have 6 system restore cds,
but they aren't specific to windows xp, and instead, is software put
out by compaq. I tried to download and replace the imm32.dll file by
itself, but it is password protected and I can't delete it.

I tried to use the msconfig, expand file way of changing it, but the
only input format it supports is .cab.

Thanks for any insight you may have on this

qwer

My apologies, I should have mentioned that System File Checker turned
up empty-handed. Other than running sfc, I found nothing relevant in
the search histories.

Thanks

Will said:
Hi

Please see if the following helps:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?lnk=hpsg&hl=en&q=IMM32.DLL

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

wrote in message
Hi there,
I've been having the error message: The application or Dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please
check this against your installation diskette.

The problem is, I don't have a windows xp disc because it came
installed on my computer when I bought it. I have 6 system restore cds,
but they aren't specific to windows xp, and instead, is software put
out by compaq. I tried to download and replace the imm32.dll file by
itself, but it is password protected and I can't delete it.

I tried to use the msconfig, expand file way of changing it, but the
only input format it supports is .cab.

Thanks for any insight you may have on this

qwer

I must have missed the rename post though. I successfully renamed the
file and put in the new one I downloaded.

I guess I'll see if I have any more problems after that.
thanks!

wrote in message
Hi there,
I've been having the error message: The application or Dll
C:\WINDOWS\System32\IMM32.DLL is not a valid windows image. Please
check this against your installation diskette.

The problem is, I don't have a windows xp disc because it came
installed on my computer when I bought it. I have 6 system restore cds,
but they aren't specific to windows xp, and instead, is software put
out by compaq. I tried to download and replace the imm32.dll file by
itself, but it is password protected and I can't delete it.

I tried to use the msconfig, expand file way of changing it, but the
only input format it supports is .cab.

Thanks for any insight you may have on this

qwer

Already I'm starting to encounter major problems. My internet
connection is shot and I can't open Adobe Reader. Plus I'm getting a
message from IE that tells me I need to enable active content on my
computer.

I'm lost. Do you know a way to fix it?

Thanks!