Windows XP If's combined with vlookups

Reaction score
Hi

I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a workbook with 3 worksheets in it. The first worksheet contains the raw data and is where all the exisiting formulas are carried out. I have two other worksheets called Data Extract and Moderator and this is what I want to be able to do.

In the raw data sheet I want to look up a value that is in cell A2 on the Moderator worksheet, if the value exists in that sheet I want the value returning to the Raw Data sheet. If the value can't be found in the Moderator worksheet I then want the lookup to check if it exists in the Data Extract worksheet and if it does to return the value from that sheet. If it can't find the value in either the Moderator sheet or the Data Extract sheet I just want it to leave the original value on the Raw Data sheet.

I hope this makes sense and that someone can help me. I've checked a lot of the posts already but none seem to cover this problem exactly.

Many thanks

Karen

Ask a Question