Combining Multilple Worksheets Into One

D

djc

I have an issue I think may be easy to solve, but I am a novice with VBA. I need macro that can combine multiple sheets into one sheet.

I have 300+ sheets all named 1-300+ (there are a few missing sheets within the range however). The good news is that each sheet is a template and I need to extract only the data in the range A13:p55.

I would like to extract A13:p55 from the first worksheet “1” and place it in a sheet called “Combined”.

The macro would then go to the next worksheet, and pull A13:p55 and put in that range in the “Combined” tab below the data it from the previous worksheet.

This process would go until it completes all 300+ worksheets.
Is this possible?

Any feedback would be most helpful. Thank you for your time.

C

Claus Busch

hi,

Am Thu, 9 Aug 2012 09:51:38 -0700 (PDT) schrieb djc:
I have an issue I think may be easy to solve, but I am a novice with VBA. I need macro that can combine multiple sheets into one sheet.

I have 300+ sheets all named 1-300+ (there are a few missing sheets within the range however). The good news is that each sheet is a template and I need to extract only the data in the range A13:p55.

I would like to extract A13:p55 from the first worksheet ?1? and place it in a sheet called ?Combined?.

The macro would then go to the next worksheet, and pull A13:p55 and put in that range in the ?Combined? tab below the data it from the previous worksheet.

try:
Sub Combine()
Dim LRow As Long
Dim wsh As Worksheet

For Each wsh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
LRow = Sheets("Combined").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
With wsh
If .Name <> "Combined" Then
.Range("A13:p55").Copy _
Destination:=Sheets("Combined").Range("A" & LRow)
End If
End With
Next
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch

D

djc

Hi Claus, Thank you for the quick reply. It works quickly, however it seems to be missing column A when it combines. It puts column B from the worksheets into column A of the Combined tab. Column A is a formula. Does that have anything to do with? Ideally, all the numbers and text come in are values and not formulas.

Thanks again,

D

djc

Hi Claus,I did some more research, There were other roll up tabs that were skewing the data. It worked well. I failed to mention the formulas in my first post. I would like the macro to return values only and not any formulas(my ultimate goal is to get this into a flat file).

Thank you again. djc

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:06:05 -0700 (PDT) schrieb djc:
Hi Claus,I did some more research, There were other roll up tabs that were skewing the data. It worked well. I failed to mention the formulas in my first post. I would like the macro to return values only and not any formulas (my ultimate goal is to get this into a flat file).

then try:
Sub Combine()
Dim LRow As Long
Dim wsh As Worksheet

For Each wsh In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
LRow = Sheets("Combined").Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
With wsh
If .Name <> "Combined" Then
.Range("A13:p55").Copy
Sheets("Combined").Range("A" & LRow) _
.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
End If
End With
Next
End Sub

Regards
Claus Busch

D

djc

I added just the PasteSpecial line and it the previous macro and it worked perfect! Thank you!

M

magmike

I have an issue I think may be easy to solve, but I am a novice with VBA.I need macro that can combine multiple sheets into one sheet. I have 300+ sheets all named 1-300+ (there are a few missing sheets within the range however). The good news is that each sheet is a template and I need to extract only the data in the range A13:p55. I would like to extract A13:p55 from the first worksheet “1” and place it in a sheet called “Combined”. The macro would then go to the next worksheet, and pull A13:p55 and put in that range in the “Combined” tab below the data it from the previous worksheet. This process would go until it completes all 300+ worksheets. Is this possible? Any feedback would be most helpful. Thank you for your time.

Ron De Bruin has created a fantastic Add-In that does just this beautifullyand is flexible to work in different scenarios. I use it often and it's free:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm

Ask a Question