If I remove a User Account - Can I keep the files etc?

Janine - Lakelandfundraising.co.uk

Hopefully someone can help answer my question:-
How do i delete a user account and keep all the files and folders and emails
from M/Outlook..?

In Brief:
I set up 2x user accounts for myself, one for business and one for personal.
However it is fustrating logging in from one to the other - So i would like
to know if I delete one of the user accounts - how do i keep all the folders,
files, etc. Also the settings and emails in microsoft outlook? My partner has
his own log-in so i cannot switch off the function completely

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Kind Regards
Janine
www.lakelandfundraising.co.uk

Uncle Marvo

(e-mail address removed)) who wrote this in
(e-mail address removed), I, Marvo, say :
Hopefully someone can help answer my question:-
How do i delete a user account and keep all the files and folders and
emails from M/Outlook..?

In Brief:
I set up 2x user accounts for myself, one for business and one for
personal. However it is fustrating logging in from one to the other -
So i would like to know if I delete one of the user accounts - how do
i keep all the folders, files, etc. Also the settings and emails in
microsoft outlook? My partner has his own log-in so i cannot switch
off the function completely

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Kind Regards
Janine
www.lakelandfundraising.co.uk

You can use the export function in Outlook.

Tom [Pepper] Willett

The OP is using Outlook, not Outlook Express ;-)

: Outlook Express Backup information
:
: Outlook Express Tips, Tricks and Secrets for Backup and Restore:
: http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpressbackuphelp/
:
: From MS KB:
: How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data:
: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670/en-us
:
: Inside Outlook Express (backup and Restore):
: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/
:
: JS
:
: "Janine - Lakelandfundraising.co.uk" <Janine -
: (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
: : > Hopefully someone can help answer my question:-
: > How do i delete a user account and keep all the files and folders and
: > emails
: > from M/Outlook..?
: >
:

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

JS said:
Sorry, put too much Express in my answer and should have taken more
time.
JS

We all go into autopilot mode. :)

To the OP: you still shouldn't export from Outlook. Just copy the PST
file(s) ...

"Your calendar data, as well as messages, tasks, notes, contacts, etc. are
stored in a file with a .PST extension. Look here for all the information
you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data:

http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm

JS said:
Outlook Express Backup information

Outlook Express Tips, Tricks and Secrets for Backup and Restore:
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpressbackuphelp/

From MS KB:
How to back up and to restore Outlook Express data:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670/en-us

Inside Outlook Express (backup and Restore):
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/

JS

"Janine - Lakelandfundraising.co.uk" <Janine -
(e-mail address removed)> wrote in
message Hopefully someone can help answer my question:-
How do i delete a user account and keep all the files and folders
and emails
from M/Outlook..?

In Brief:
I set up 2x user accounts for myself, one for business and one for
personal.
However it is fustrating logging in from one to the other - So i
would like
to know if I delete one of the user accounts - how do i keep all
the folders,
files, etc. Also the settings and emails in microsoft outlook? My
partner has
his own log-in so i cannot switch off the function completely

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Kind Regards
Janine
www.lakelandfundraising.co.uk

Janine - Lakelandfundraising.co.uk

Thank you for your prompt reply.
Can i just check with you - If i understand properly deleting the user
account will delete files and folders from 'My Documents'?
This means to delete the user account i need to first copy my files and
folders over to the other user account first. Those within outlook as well as
'My Documents'?
What about the other applications that i have downloaded whilst in that user
account?
I appreciate your help and apologise for my novice knowledge....
Kind Regards for now
Janine