IE6 sp1 will not open external site links

I have researched this everywhere. This is precisely described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281679 But after doing everything including uninstalling IE6 and Outlook express, and reinstalling, it still won't work. It will not open another site link for either outlook express links, for javascript open new windows, or for plain links to other sites

I have done the entire list of things in the article. including checking the registry...all is well. I ran regsvr32 and all the files. Someone even suggested using I ran regsvr32 /s and the file. I did that too. I am desperate.
I have checked and rechecked the file types for UR
I have attempted to reinstall script 5.6 but got an error wrong INF file

Now I am using Netscape 7.1 which is a fine browser, but it requires more precise programming and my Blackberry att&t website doesn't support it

This machine is Win98. IE6 works fine on my xp machine. (maybe I should keep that a secret!) It is my husband's machine and he is driving me to drink.

Fletch

The have a fix documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812935

Says you have to request the fix through support - can we
please have it MS?
We have the same issue.

Thanks
I have researched this everywhere. This is precisely
described in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281679
But after doing everything including uninstalling IE6 and
Outlook express, and reinstalling, it still won't work.
It will not open another site link for either outlook
express links, for javascript open new windows, or for
plain links to other sites.
I have done the entire list of things in the article.
including checking the registry...all is well. I ran
regsvr32 and all the files. Someone even suggested using
I ran regsvr32 /s and the file. I did that too. I am
desperate.
I have checked and rechecked the file types for URL
I have attempted to reinstall script 5.6 but got an error wrong INF file

Now I am using Netscape 7.1 which is a fine browser, but
it requires more precise programming and my Blackberry
att&t website doesn't support it.
This machine is Win98. IE6 works fine on my xp machine.
(maybe I should keep that a secret!) It is my husband's
machine and he is driving me to drink.

Don Varnau

Fletch,
See if any of these help you if you have the standard "hyperlinks don't
work" problem.

1. http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
2. http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#hyperlinks
3. http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window
4. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Regards,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Fletch" wrote in message news:[email protected]...
The have a fix documented here:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812935

Says you have to request the fix through support - can we
please have it MS?
We have the same issue.
[snip]

Don Varnau

I know you've tried most of these, but work through these links and see if
there's anything you haven't tried.