IE6 Home page problem

On IE6 Properties/General/Home Page the facility is "greyed out" and therefore I am unable to change my default home page to another choice.All other users on the same PC are ok and don't have this problem,any suggestions please?

Kenrick Fu

To unlock the Homepage setting, follow these steps:
1. Quit all instances of Internet Explorer
2. Open Regedit.exe, navigate to this branch:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
Control Panel]

3. Delete the "HomePage" DWORD value.

4. Close Registry Editor, restart IE.

Pete

is there any way to get detailed directions on how to do
this for the layman? I'm not sure exactly what to do.

--
Kenrick Fu
MS MVP (IE/OE)

(e-mail address removed)...