Windows XP IE6 Explorer background/format problem. Please help me!

Reaction score
I have had my dell 9100 laptop since last nov and ever since ive had it IE6 has not worked properly. On any website (even the ones I build, before
they are uploaded), backgrounds do not appear. It doesn't matter if the background is set to be a solid color, or a repeating gif image - it still won't show up. Some other programs i use such as Ashampoo Uninstaller Suite has the same problem not showing the background colors/graphics.

Also, the formatting on websites are not shown correctly. For example, MSN.com looks horrible and almost unreadable. The text sizes are incorrect and are overlapping each other. No background colors showing and very screwed up formating/layout.

I have tried almost everything and i still cannot get it to work correctly. Dell is refusing to help me with the problem b/c they said that is a software problem which is not covered under the warranty. They want to charge me $100 to TRY to help me fix the problem.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone help me. Im going crazy now and im about to smash this computer!

Thanks,
justin

Reaction score
backgrounds can be disabled in advanced internet options. try reseting all internet options to default.

Reaction score
Other Browsers

I suggest dropping IE 6, several other browsers work just as smoothly.

SLIMBROWSER will even merge all your current favorites(bookmarks)

others are; mozilla, firefox, opera

I believe all of these can be obtained freeware, search google if your interested.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What screen resolution and refresh rate are you using?

Ask a Question