ie won't load

Mark

I have v6 on my lap top: Problem is, suddenly, no toolbar
companion in Yahoo, with no abiity to get pop up blocker
working. If "enable third party browser" in advanced, the
IE won't load, I just get the hour glass for a few
seconds, and then nothing. Unclick the thrid party
browser, it works fine, but no companion toolbars!!

Help

Don Varnau

Mark,
Unchecking "Enable third party browser extensions" is an emergency measure.
You should remove the malware that's causing the "IE won't load" problem.
You should re-enable third party browser extensions after the cleanup.

I would run, in this order:
CWShredder http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
Then download, install, *update* and run both of these programs:
Ad-aware from http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/
Spybot from http://security.kolla.de/ (Remove items listed in red-others are
optional.)

Additional information, including security tips, at:
Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Don

Don, That worked, than you!! Funny, me "tech support" at
a Major corp, had me uncheck the thierd party problem, ad
sent me on my merry way. Thank you so much.

--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

.