Event ID: 1000
Date: 5/17/2005
Time: 2:58:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is
part of the event: iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, wininet.dll, 6.0.2800.1106,
00008833.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex
0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex
0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 38 e 6.0.28
0028: 30 30 2e 31 31 30 36 20 00.1106
0030: 69 6e 20 77 69 6e 69 6e in winin
0038: 65 74 2e 64 6c 6c 20 36 et.dll 6
0040: 2e 30 2e 32 38 30 30 2e .0.2800.
0048: 31 31 30 36 20 61 74 20 1106 at
0050: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0058: 30 30 30 38 38 33 33 0d 0008833.
0060: 0a .

Don Varnau

Hi,
Whats the OS? Errors involving wininet.dll often indicate a corrupt cache or
History folder. Try deleting the Tenporary Internet Files folder and History
folder for that user.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"RussJR" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Windows server 2000.

Already tried clearing out the IE temp folder and history and even cookies.
After doing so, IE will work for a very short time and then right back to the
same error and problem.
Russ

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Whats the OS? Errors involving wininet.dll often indicate a corrupt cache or
History folder. Try deleting the Tenporary Internet Files folder and History
folder for that user.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"RussJR" wrote in message
Each time I open a IE browser window on this server, the window locks up and
I have to force it to close. Nothing ever appears in the window. It
immediately stops responding. The error below is what I find in the app
event log. What is this? thx

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 5/17/2005
Time: 2:58:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is
part of the event: iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, wininet.dll, 6.0.2800.1106,
00008833.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex
0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex
0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 38 e 6.0.28
0028: 30 30 2e 31 31 30 36 20 00.1106
0030: 69 6e 20 77 69 6e 69 6e in winin
0038: 65 74 2e 64 6c 6c 20 36 et.dll 6
0040: 2e 30 2e 32 38 30 30 2e .0.2800.
0048: 31 31 30 36 20 61 74 20 1106 at
0050: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0058: 30 30 30 38 38 33 33 0d 0008833.
0060: 0a .

Don Varnau

Well... I don't use or have access to Windows Server 2000, but the advice
for Win9x, XP or 2K would be to delete the TIF *folder* and History *folder*
for that user account. Don't just clear out the files- delete the folders.
New folders should be created on restart. Or, renaming those folders might
be safer, until you're sure that new folders have been created. This can
probably be done from the administrator account.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"RussJR" wrote in message

You can not delete these folders as windows states they are required system
folders. Unfortunately, this does not solve my issue. Any other suggestions
out there?

"RussJR" wrote in message
Windows server 2000.

Already tried clearing out the IE temp folder and history and even cookies.
After doing so, IE will work for a very short time and then right back to the
same error and problem.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE

You can delete them if you logon as a different User.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

:

Date: 5/17/2005
Time: 2:58:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft
Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from
remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information
is
part of the event: iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, wininet.dll,
6.0.2800.1106,
00008833.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 65 78 ure iex
0018: 70 6c 6f 72 65 2e 65 78 plore.ex
0020: 65 20 36 2e 30 2e 32 38 e 6.0.28
0028: 30 30 2e 31 31 30 36 20 00.1106
0030: 69 6e 20 77 69 6e 69 6e in winin
0038: 65 74 2e 64 6c 6c 20 36 et.dll 6
0040: 2e 30 2e 32 38 30 30 2e .0.2800.
0048: 31 31 30 36 20 61 74 20 1106 at
0050: 6f 66 66 73 65 74 20 30 offset 0
0058: 30 30 30 38 38 33 33 0d 0008833.
0060: 0a .

Problem fixed. Thank you very much!

"RussJR" wrote in message
Windows server 2000.

Already tried clearing out the IE temp folder and history and even
cookies.
After doing so, IE will work for a very short time and then right back
the
same error and problem.

:

Date: 5/17/2005
Time: 2:58:08 PM
User: N/A
Computer: EXCHANGE
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft
Internet
Explorer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the
necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from
remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve
this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information
is
part of the event: iexplore.exe, 6.0.2800.1106, wininet.dll,
6.0.2800.1106,
00008833.
Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat