IE blocker on Hd html files

R

RoseW

When I'm putting together html pages on my hard drive (not using the Internet) and
check the html page with IE6 how do I stop the yellow bar that blocks content. The
content is a link to an image that will pop up in its own space over the page.
I clicked on the 'help' that goes with this bar and followed the instructions but
that didn't seem to stick.
RoseW

G

RoseW said:
When I'm putting together html pages on my hard drive (not using the Internet) and
check the html page with IE6 how do I stop the yellow bar that blocks content. The
content is a link to an image that will pop up in its own space over the page.
I clicked on the 'help' that goes with this bar and followed the instructions but
that didn't seem to stick.
RoseW

Hi Rose,
If you are sure this Script/CSS is safe try to disable POp-Up Blocker or set
it to Low to allow Pop-Ups.
To do that click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab and down you will
find settings for Pop-Up Blocker you can uncheck the Check Box or click on
settings and do the appropriate changes and click OK to confirm your changes
and Close IE Window Properties Hit F5 and try Loading your pages.
HTH,
Please let us know.
Regards,
nass

R

RoseW

nass wrote:
| "RoseW" wrote:
|
|| When I'm putting together html pages on my hard drive (not using the Internet) and
|| check the html page with IE6 how do I stop the yellow bar that blocks content. The
|| content is a link to an image that will pop up in its own space over the page.
|| I clicked on the 'help' that goes with this bar and followed the instructions but
|| that didn't seem to stick.
|| RoseW
||
||
|
| Hi Rose,
| If you are sure this Script/CSS is safe try to disable POp-Up Blocker or set
| it to Low to allow Pop-Ups.
| To do that click on Tools > Internet Options > Privacy Tab and down you will
| find settings for Pop-Up Blocker you can uncheck the Check Box or click on
| settings and do the appropriate changes and click OK to confirm your changes
| and Close IE Window Properties Hit F5 and try Loading your pages.
| HTH,
| Please let us know.
| Regards,
| nass

I went into the Privacy section and I did have the pop up blocker UNchecked. Its a
business site I'm editing for a friend so there is a script that munges an e-mail
address connected to a 'push button' which I assume is calling up this 'blocker' I
went into the Advanced and enabled the sections for scripts. This works for my use
'off line' since there are links that pop up small images to illustrate the content.
These images are coded to be up in the left corner of a specific space size ..(440 x
330 e.g) the blocker would stop this small space size so a whole white page with the
little image would result. Now its okay.

Now, I wonder if the site owner should have these pop up images because the viewing
public likely has this blocker in place. It interferes with the flow of things in my
opinon so I wondered if I should suggest to the owner that pop up images might be
better not used? What's the thought on this?
Rose

G

RoseW said:
nass wrote:
| "RoseW" wrote:
|
|| When I'm putting together html pages on my hard drive (not using the Internet) and
|| check the html page with IE6 how do I stop the yellow bar that blocks content. The
|| content is a link to an image that will pop up in its own space over the page.
|| I clicked on the 'help' that goes with this bar and followed the instructions but
|| RoseW
||
||
|
| Hi Rose,
| HTH,
| Please let us know.
| Regards,
| nass

I went into the Privacy section and I did have the pop up blocker UNchecked. Its a
business site I'm editing for a friend so there is a script that munges an e-mail
address connected to a 'push button' which I assume is calling up this 'blocker' I
went into the Advanced and enabled the sections for scripts. This works for my use
'off line' since there are links that pop up small images to illustrate the content.
These images are coded to be up in the left corner of a specific space size ..(440 x
330 e.g) the blocker would stop this small space size so a whole white page with the

Now, I wonder if the site owner should have these pop up images because the viewing
public likely has this blocker in place. It interferes with the flow of things in my
opinon so I wondered if I should suggest to the owner that pop up images might be
Rose

Hi Rose,
You Spot on as a Web Desinger to Advise your Client on which is better as a
Pop-Up will put people/users Off and think this site is buggy, some AV/
Anti-spyware will block Pop-up as by Default configured to block Pop-ups.
So unless your Pop-ups is Tested on Blocker and Avs and also on other
Browsers (Navigator, netscape, Opera..) put this in consideration.
Thanks,
nass

D

Don Varnau

RoseW said:
nass wrote:
| "RoseW" wrote:
|
|| RoseW
| Hi Rose,
| HTH,
| Please let us know.
| Regards,
| nass

Rose

Hi,
Most users will not have trouble with this Javascript pop-up. Some with
overactive security programs will.

I suspect that your problem while editing these pages was caused by the
Local Machine Zone Lockdown feature of XP SP2.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EKQBG

There are three workarounds for this:
1. Rename each .HTM file to .HTA while it's on your hard drive. HTA
files aren't as restricted.
2. Give each page the "Mark of the Web"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/motw.asp
3. Internet Options> Advanced> Security> check "Allow active content to run
in files on My Computer ."
You will, of course, be giving up some of the enhanced security of the XP
SP2 update.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2brows.mspx#EIAA

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Ask a Question