IE background color

JoeBob

Since the latest security update for IE6, the background
color in IE now defaults to the Windows default window
color. This is extrememly annoying as my disability
requires that I have a dark (black is preferred)
background with which to read text. Will a fix be coming
soon, does anyone know?

Mike Burgess

Joe,
The patch "may" have reset some default Windows settings?
How did you have your previous setup?
Was it thru the "Display Properties | Appearance [tab]"
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 11-19-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid

brian [MSFT]

If the ideas given by Mike and Henri do not help you might try the
following:

1. IE \ Tools \ Internet Options \ General \ Colors...
a. uncheck "Use Windows colors"
b. set "Text" and "Background" to the desired colors
c. click OK
2. IE \ Tools \ Internet Options \ General \ Accessibility...
a. check "Ignore colors specified on Web pages"
b. you may also want to check one or more of the remaining boxes
c. click OK

Barry Fung

I have the same problem as JoeBob when I upgraded to IE6. The ideas
suggested by brian do not work (although that was what I did in the past to
change the background color in IE5). Does anyone else have any ideas???

Thanks,
Barry

Amanda Baltz

I've also read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 277008
and none of my items are checked under Tools>Internet
Options>Accessiblity.

I keep getting a white background on all pages regardless
if there is a background color or not, with even some
microsoft pages text being enlarged so much I can't read
it. I have my text size set to smallest.

I have viewed pages in Netscape that appeared fine with the
background color not showing up in IE.

I need to figure out how to get this fixed because I am
running into problem developing webpages/html when I am
using netscape composer and most of my classmates view
their webpages via IE where I prefer netscape.

Can someone help out? I've read all previous messages
regarding this issue and haven't found any to help.

Thanks, Amanda Baltz

Porter

M$ is aware of the problem.

I've also read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 277008
and none of my items are checked under Tools>Internet
Options>Accessiblity.

I keep getting a white background on all pages regardless
if there is a background color or not, with even some
microsoft pages text being enlarged so much I can't read
it. I have my text size set to smallest.

I have viewed pages in Netscape that appeared fine with the
background color not showing up in IE.

I need to figure out how to get this fixed because I am
running into problem developing webpages/html when I am
using netscape composer and most of my classmates view
their webpages via IE where I prefer netscape.

Can someone help out? I've read all previous messages
regarding this issue and haven't found any to help.

Thanks, Amanda Baltz

Hi Porter,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Microsoft is
aware, and has the
right people investigating this issue.

-- HTH
Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This
alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
confers no rights.
Stay Secure, visit:

Porter said:
HELP!

From: "" <[email protected]> Sent:
11/18/2003 6:47:28
PM
I am visually impaired and like to choose my own colours
to view web sites. I have never had any problems going to
accessibility and checking ignore web sites colours
A few days ago, the possibility of choosing my background
colour evaporated although I can still choose the text,
the visited and unvisited colours.
An excellent technician tried to find the cause of the
problem but after an hour had to admit defeat. He thinks
that it may be due to a gif file but is it and if so how
to find it?
A most odd problem that the technician had never seen
before.

Subject: White background pages
From: "" <> Sent: 11/18/2003 7:40:20 PM

I hope someone can help me my web pages are all whitebackgrounds and black
text.

I have went to tools, internet options, and accessibility: there are no
boxes checked and in colors I ahve the box use window colors checked.

I hate seeing white pages my eyes are giong crazy!!!

Please help

Subject: Re: IE background color
From: "" <> Sent: 11/24/2003 9:02:08 PM

I have the same problem as JoeBob when I upgraded to IE6. The ideas
suggested by brian do not work (although that was what I
did in the past

Damu

Try turning off the high contrast seting under Control Panel
Accessibility options> Display

i had the same problem i think i must have hit the keys for th
shortcut at sometime Alt+left Shift+PrtScr i think it was.

hope this helps

Amanda said:
*I've also read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 277008
and none of my items are checked under Tools>Internet
Options>Accessiblity.

I keep getting a white background on all pages regardless
if there is a background color or not, with even some
microsoft pages text being enlarged so much I can't read
it. I have my text size set to smallest.

I have viewed pages in Netscape that appeared fine with the
background color not showing up in IE.

I need to figure out how to get this fixed because I am
running into problem developing webpages/html when I am
using netscape composer and most of my classmates view
their webpages via IE where I prefer netscape.

Can someone help out? I've read all previous messages
regarding this issue and haven't found any to help.

Thanks, Amanda Baltz

-
Dam