IE 9 Help

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I need help with IE 9. Mostly use Firefox, but have been using IE 9 on and off. Lately when I open IE 9, all I get is a blank page, and if I goto Tools everything is greyed out. I have rolled back to IE 8, but I get the same thing. I have tried reseting both 8 & 9 to default, but still the same thing. Have done scans with both Malwarebytes and Trend Micro Titanium, but they bring up nothing :(

ie9.png

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have you or can you reinstall it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it work if you run it without addons?

If you've got x64, the path is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Have you or can you reinstall it?

V_R I have uninstalled IE 9 and gone back to IE 8, still get the same blank screen with greyed out Tools.
I have re-registered all the DLL's
I have done Start > Internet Options > Advance Tab > Acelerated Graphics > Use Software Rendering instead of GPU rendering.
Start > Internet Options > Content > Clear SSL State.
Reset Winsock.
Even used Microsofts Fixit tool, but with no avail. :(

Does it work if you run it without addons?

If you've got x64, the path is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff

Ian I am on 32bit, but did also try all the above plus no add ons still get the blank screen.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Problem solved :cheers:

After scouring the net and IMO some totally useless forums, today I bit the bullet and called Microsoft Support, took forever to get through.Spoke to a nice chap and explaned what was going on. He said he would like to take control of my computer to see what he could do, which he did for about 20 minutes with no success. He then suggested I uninstall Service Pack 1 which would also uninstall all updates that came after SP 1. We ended the call and I proceeded to uninstall SP 1. That finished and ran Ccleaner. restarted and updated computer with SP 1 and a load more updates, and hey presto, IE 9 now works again :cheers:

Ask a Question