IE 6 is always freezing and crashing: why?

stephen hitchcock

IE 6.0.28 is always freezing and crashing on my Dell PC
Pent III running Win 98. Why? I have reinstalled the
latest version of IE 6 from the MS website but there is no
improvement at all. What makes this problem particularly
annoying is that it always happens when I am at websites
where I am filling out online forms or typing letters.
Online form pop-up windows for addresses and/or
correspondence most often trigger the freeze and crash. It
is maddening because everything running freezes and I
must 'end task' losing everything I have typed! For
instance this is already my second attempt to post this
question here.I just froze and crashed moments ago on my
first attempt to post this question-I had to resort to
typing my question in MS Word, saving file, and then will
paste my question in to avoid losing what I type when IE 6
crashes again! Please somebody help, I hate dealing with
this problem that won't go away! Thanks, Steve.

Don Varnau

Steve,
This is probably being caused by a third-party program (adware, spyware,
parasite)

Work through the solutions (CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot) at
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm Also note the security tips on that
page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

news:[email protected]...

Stephen Hitchcock

Dear Don--thank you ever so much!!! I installed Spybot
Search and Destroy and it found a zillion spy programs on
my PC! It cleared them out and now my IE is working great!
Thank ever so much for taking the time to help me! Have a
great day and may good karma come your way! Steve H.