ID 20027: Remote Access Connection Manager Failed to start because NDISWAN

ausmartin

I wish to thank Mick as this is 100%! correct and works on W2Kpro
service pack 4.
PS EventId.net are completely wrong on this on.
There is nothing wrong with NDISWAN.sys modified june 2003 and it is
NOT faulty.

In my case there were two hardware profiles on the same (Network
Interface Card). A W2KPro machine not a server.
As per Mikes instructions below all worked to plan.

*
I unistalled TCIP rebooted, Uninstalled the hardware (twice) using the
tick for show hidden. Rebooted provided the corect NIC driver and
install TCIP back and rebooted.

As for Eventid.net treat their remedies with caution. - Found many
threads that their remedy does not work.

"From: Michael Johnston [MSFT] ([email protected])
Subject: RE: Event ID 20027 Rasman error

View this article only
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing
Date: 2003-11-05 12:36:04 PST

Remove and reinstall TCP/IP and the network card.
If this machine is a Domain controller, follow 299451 HOW TO: Remove
and Reinstall TCP/IP on a Windows 2000 Domain Controller
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=299451

Thank you,
Mike Johnston
Microsoft Network Support

rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to
this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from
which they originated"