ICMP Functions are Not Available In the Command Line

Mr. JYC

Hello,

I was wondering but has anyone ran into the issue were Ping, Tracert,
Pathping, Telnet, FTP, etc was not recognized as a command or batch file?
Consequently, I don't have those network functionalities.

I fiddled with the firewall and the correct traffic is coming through. The
files are there but I can't run them in the command line.

Could someone help?

Paul Montgumdrop

Mr. JYC said:
Hello,

I was wondering but has anyone ran into the issue were Ping, Tracert,
Pathping, Telnet, FTP, etc was not recognized as a command or batch file?
Consequently, I don't have those network functionalities.

I fiddled with the firewall and the correct traffic is coming through. The
files are there but I can't run them in the command line.

Could someone help?

I don't have that problem. Could it be that you are not using Run As
Administrator which can be set on the Run or Command Prompt short-cut
off of Start Button/All Programs/Accessories?

Without you using Run As Administrator which can be permanently set for
the short-cut via its Advanced button, you really don't have the
permissions to run the programs, even if you are user/admin on the
system, because user/admin on Vista is not an admin with full rights.

So, if you have Run set to Run As Administrator, the Run box comes up,
you enter Cmd or Command to get to the Command Prompt line, then
everything you do at the Command Prompt line inherits Run as
Administrator from the Run box.

Victor S.

"Mr. JYC" wrote in message
I was wondering but has anyone ran into the issue were Ping, Tracert,
Pathping, Telnet, FTP, etc was not recognized as a command or batch file?
Consequently, I don't have those network functionalities.

Verify that C:\Windows\system32 is in your path. (If you type "path" at a
command prompt, it should be in there somewhere.) If not, then add it: go
to "Control Panel / System / Advanced system settings / Advanced tab /
Environment Variables", then edit Path under System variables. I would put
it in front, then separate it from the next one with a semicolon. Note, you
can use "%SystemRoot%\system32;" (no quotes) instead of
"C:\Windows\system32;".