ICF

John Bahran

I am trying to start RRAS on my server. But it keeps saying my ICF is
enabled and need to disable that first. The box for ICF is unchecked.I
am using 2k3 with a router. Any ideas? Please help.

Srivatsan [MSFT]

Check whether the service 'Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS)' is running. If it is, stop the service and then
start RRAS.

John Bahran

Thank you for your response.How do I check that?

Srivatsan said:
Check whether the service 'Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS)' is running. If it is, stop the service and then
start RRAS.

Sharoon Shetty K [MSFT]

net stop sharedaccess

The above command will stop 'Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS)' if it is running. Then try to start RRAS.

Sharoon

"Srivatsan [MSFT]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Check whether the service 'Internet Connection Firewall (ICF)/Internet
Connection Sharing (ICS)' is running. If it is, stop the service and then
start RRAS.

I've been expirencing the same problem on RRAS in Win 2003. None of my connections have ICF enabled and I've even gone so far as to disable the ICF/ICS service in the servcies MMC, still with no luck. When I try and start RRAS it informs me ICF is enabled. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Otherwise I'm stuck using "Incomming Connections" and IAS as my VPN solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David