I WANT THE OFFICE 2003 COLOR THEME BACK!

sand_vg

MS NEEDS TO PROVIDE THE OFFICE 2003 COLOR PALETTE AS A COLOR THEME IN OFFICE
2007. THE NEW 'FANCY' COLOR IS MESSING UP ALL MY OLD DOCUMENTS.

Bod

I can't download zip files on my work computer.
Hasn't MS made a theme that would allow users to work as we have been for
the last 6 years or more?
I can't even figure out how to change the palette by hand and in a way that
would tie it to XL, not a specific workbook, allowing me to use it on all
workbooks, not just the ones in which I've butchered the palette. Any
pointers on that?

George S.

OK, I downloaded the file, now what?
Under Excel options/add-ins I installed the add-in, but can't get the
classic colors anywhere (?)

I have many pre-Office 2007 documents that i want to keep using pre-2007
colors on.

Thanks,
George

Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Just came to this thread when searching about this matter in google.

I ended up finding how to do it without asking the author, so just felt like sharing.

To install the Excel add-in you don't have to double click it as if it were an Excel file; it's not.

From Excel 2007/2010 (tested in 2010 but should be the same on 2007).
  1. Clic Excel/File button (top left)
  3. Add-ins
  4. Administration (@bottom) - Excel Add-in - Setting/Go
  5. Browse - Select the *.xla file you've downloaded
  6. OK (check that the new add-in "Classic_Excel_Colors" is available)
If everything went fint you should get a new tab on the ribbon saying "Add-ins" where you will find a new color tool with the Office 2003 color palete.

Hope that helped,

Daniel

PS: I use Excel in Japanese and simply translated the menus to English the best I could. The real thing could be a bit different but it shouldn't be difficult to figure out.