I Sold!!!!!!!!!!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
*happy dance happy dance happy dance*
The drinks are on me tonight guys cause I just sold my painting & it's party time :D:D:D!!!!!

It sold for $475.00(NZD) not spectacular in the art world I suppose but it's my first official sale so I'm dancing :D

It's the one I put up in the photo gallery if anyone wants to have a look. Apparently heaps of people were interested & the woman running the Auction reckons I could've got much more for it in a gallery so I'm high as a kite (I didn't really believe that it would sell at all actually. Skived off right out of the city rather than go to the auction:o )

So now it's time to party :D

Fantastic News :D Are you going to do any more?

Thanks mucks :D Thanks everyone. I'm so excited. I've got another one on the go now Ian. A Beach picture that's been driving me crazy for a few weeks now.
It usually takes about 3 months for me to do a painting.

Someone actually bought it!!! ROTFLMAO (This's where that new smiley goes :D )

great painting

Wow great painting:thumb: Well done on selling it:cool:

I to have sold one of my painting's about 8 years ago at a bargain price, since then nothing! Like so many painters nothing is made until years later:(

Cirianz, well done:thumb: :D
Blimey two artists on this forum, in Australia they just call them drunks
laughingsmiley.gif

Last edited:
Debbie!
You have always be a bit if a character;) now you have proved you’re a real "ARTIST":D

Well done Ciri, a great picture and a great achievement - you must be very pleased :)

....Now mines a large malt on-the-rocks.....:p

Comming up Ady :D

I still find myself laughing when I think that someone actually bought it. I've only done commissions for friends before so it seems very funny that some total stranger would want to buy one of my paintings, let alone pay so much for it:rolleyes: And apparently there was quite a lot of interest in it too.

John's busy being pleased for me, although he's definitely disappointed that his picture didn't sell. It was a charity auction so he dropped his reserve to $900 (his paintings usually start at about $1000 & that one was listed at over $2000) but we knew in advance it probably wouldn't sell as it was a charity auction after all & most of the people attending would've been shopping in the $200 - $300 price bracket. But even knowing that, it is still dissapointing when something doesn't sell, as you'll know feckit.

It's strange though, up until now it's John's been the big name artist & I've painted mostly as a hobby. John always told me I should put my stuff up for sale, but both times I took some photo's along to a gallery they gave me this big lecture about how no one wants to buy realism any more, or watercolours for that matter & they weren't interested & all the other local galleries stock abstract & 'modern art' as well. But maybe things are changing :). I'm still bouncing.

What type of artwork do you do Feckit? It would be cool to see it if you want to put a piccy in the gallery:)

Thanks for the drink - lovely :)

Have you got any pics of John's work - or any weblinks?

Adywebb said:
Thanks for the drink - lovely :)

Have you got any pics of John's work - or any weblinks?
Seek and ye shall find ... and a very good artist he is too ... I do like them ships. :thumb:

muckshifter said:
Seek and ye shall find ... and a very good artist he is too ... I do like them ships. :thumb:
I did google 'John Stanley' , but didn't get anything obvious...:o

Well ... I had the link ... but did not bookmark it ... :o

Now I can't find it again ... DOH!

Help us out here cirianz ... :D

LOL, John's name is John Kendrick at http://kenrickart.co.nz
How did you find it mucks? Unfortunately I haven't updated John's site in ages, the webmaster who designed it used the most appalling template so I have to redo the entire page just to add one more picture, & it doesn't upload directly so I have to muck around with the transmit program to upload anything. & he left no space beside the thumbnails to put any waffle about the painting. & yes, he loves to paint ships, especially the old ships & the trawlers (that was from growing up on the mersey really, he just loves the trawlers, not something most people would find beautiful) & planes & old buildings etc. Doing peoples houses started unexpectedly. He did one for someone once when he needed some money & when she got the painting she just cried & cried, John came home just blown away. He said he never knew that one of his paintings could bring so much happiness to someone. It changed the way he sees his painting completely. Hard to describe.
I'll tell john that you like the ship paintings mucks, they are what he loves to paint the most so he'll be pleased :)

My site is just a freebie geocities site with a .tk domain name at http://debsart.tk & that needs updating as well, it's pretty awful I'm afraid, although that is mostly because no one really goes there anyway so I'm afraid I've never really bothered with it much since I set it up :o I can't afford a proper site like John's unfortunately.
edit: please excuse the blurb on my site... it really is awful :o

Last edited:
With just a few details and you can find where the CIA operatives are around the globe ... ;)

I didn't try very hard ... especially as you actually have a website and WANT to be seen. :D

Please do tell him ... I do like them ships ... do not give up painting ships.

Now I have a question ... I like your Birdies by the way too ... what are you like at Snakes, I especially love the Cobra ... :)

Attachments

• White snake Md.webp
    White snake Md.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 122
Back