I need "Add-to context menu" apps

Phluge

I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add any
programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

Thanks.

Susan Bugher

Phluge said:
I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add any
programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

Some apps that have been mentioned in ACF:

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_FILEUTILITIES.php#2.02FileManagerTool:ExplorerAdd-on

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Shadow

I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add any
programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

Thanks.
I believe that ShellExView v1.13 - Shell Extensions Manager from
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html & OpenExpert V1.40 from
http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html are two of the best freeware
utilities for managing context menu entries.

Shell Extension City
http://www.shellcity.net/

is the best shell enhancement site around IMHO for all the freeware
context menu enhancements you could ever want and a heck of a lot of
other items you never knew you needed until you browse around the
site. I kept wondering why I never see this site mentioned in this
group so I mention it now.

Hope you find this info useful!

Frank Bohan

Phluge said:
I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add any
programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

Thanks.

Here are a few programs which add items to the context menu:

HP FRHed http://www.kibria.de (Hex Editor)
HP Ewido http://www.ewido.net/en (Anti-Trojan)
HP Eraser http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/default.php (Secure deletion)
WWW: http://www.rjhsoftware.com (adds several items to the left-click
menu)
Unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ (removes "stubborn" files)
TrackerV3 http://www.trackerv3.com/download.htm (file manager)
(look at Tools > Configuration > Custom Drag'n'Drop - this expands the
r/click menu)

===

Frank Bohan
¶ Teamwork means never having to take all the blame yourself.

Mel

I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add any
programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

Thanks.
OpenExpert enables you to specify any number of suitable applications
for each file type. In this way, when you open a file, instead of being
restricted to using a single pre-determined application, you can easily
choose among a list of suitable applications.

Easily open your graphic files in your favorite paint programs or view
your HTML files in either Netscape or Internet Explorer, just with a few
mouse clicks. You can even add different versions of the same program to
the OpenExpert menu.

To choose the applications for the given file type, just select
"Configure Applications" and you're provided with a dialog where you can
easily add your applications to the menu.

Features:
- Adds a user-configurable "Open with" sub-menu to each file.
- Allows an unlimited number of applications for each file type.
- Easily add applications for any file types.
- Import and export of configuration data to copy settings to another
system.
- Very small memory footprint
- OpenExpert is free for personal use!

http://www.baxbex.com/openexpert.html

dadiOH

Phluge said:
I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add
any programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".

FastExplorer (you can also make your own "open with" using it).
http://thesoftpro.tripod.com/downloads/fe/index.htm

More info in my dandies, see below.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

RoseW

In Frank Bohan <[email protected]> typed:
| || I am looking for some "add-to context menu" freeware apps used to add
any
|| programs to the list, and also to add to "Open with...".
|| Thanks.
|
| Here are a few programs which add items to the context menu:
|

| HP FRHed http://www.kibria.de (Hex Editor)
| HP Ewido http://www.ewido.net/en (Anti-Trojan)
| HP Eraser http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/default.php (Secure deletion)
| WWW: http://www.rjhsoftware.com (adds several items to the
left-click
| menu)
| Unlocker http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ (removes "stubborn"
files)
| TrackerV3 http://www.trackerv3.com/download.htm (file manager)
| (look at Tools > Configuration > Custom Drag'n'Drop - this expands the
| r/click menu)
| Frank Bohan
OpenExpert http://www.baxbex.com
RoseW