I need a freight forwarder in the UK

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
As the topic suggests, I have a need for a freight forwarder for purchases coming out of the UK. Some of you know that I am involved with yachts. Most of what I deal with is European in nature. It seems that a large number of products I find needing replacement end up not shipping to the US.

Anyone have any suggestions for contacts to do such things?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
As the topic suggests, I have a need for a freight forwarder for purchases coming out of the UK. Some of you know that I am involved with yachts. Most of what I deal with is European in nature. It seems that a large number of products I find needing replacement end up not shipping to the US.

Anyone have any suggestions for contacts to do such things?

As a rough guide what sort of stuff do you order. Are they big crateable things or small parcel type of stuff ? Can they be sent airfreight or are they so big they need to be in a container or sent by ship ? :cool:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
I am about to order two small refrigeration compressors. The dimensions are approximately 16cm x 16 cm x 20 cm tall. I also have an order in to a company that is shipping to me direct. This order is for several 2m sections of 4x2" PVC ducting and accompanying joints. Most is small stuff. Relays and contactors that I cannot obtain here. Things like that. I would imagine they could easily go by plane. Sometimes I run across the perfect replacement part for my projects and I get "We don't ship to the US" response.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't know if they handle shipments abroad from the UK but in my experience by far the best courier/parcel delivery service in the UK has been DPD.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I could re-lable stuff and send it on by AirMail or UPS if there is a depot near me if that would help you out. That is if you can get stuff delivered to my house. :cool:

Ask a Question