I need a camera! Cheap one at that!

Reaction score
Okay - I have yet another Dillema to deal with with spending my hard earned cash on!

I recently went away on holiday, had a raving time and stuff, but came home with NO photos, only rubbish ones of me with my family, none with the people I met and the stuff we got up to.

Now! I need a camera, preferabbly around the 80 - 100 quid mark, I did do some research and came up with the samsung L80 which seems rather cool:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-L80...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1188850487&sr=1-1

All the rest are a lot of money, and the samsung got one review on 1 star, which isn't great!

I dont need anything really fancy at all, just something I can fit into my pocket and take shots of me and my mates, I will also use it for a few art projects I suppose over my phone camera!

Thanks for the time you spent reading this!

Geodude! x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just bought a couple of These for my twin daughters' birthday and they're well happy with them.

They also come in red or blue.

2Gb memory card, about £10.00, gives around 400 photos at highest res.

A case is about a tenner and an AA battery charger with 4 x AA batteries is about twelve quid.

Reaction score
So is about £100 mark with all the extras, not so bad!

I dont suppose anyone has any others they would like to share? I wouldnt mind looking at a few more before I commit

Also - Do samsung have a good reputation for digi cams? Or are they worth stearing clear of? x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's just me, but when it comes to digicams, be they SLR or compact, I'll only consider Canon and Nikon.

With maybe one exception - I was very impressed by a friend's Kodak compact camera - excellent quality pix. Musta been a one-off, lol ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
been eyeing up one of those cannon's, they seem like a decent point and shoot for your average person

Reaction score
It costs more than the Samsung though, and the samsung seems to have better specs

but i don't know the first thing about cameras :p x

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
It costs more than the Samsung though, and the samsung seems to have better specs

but i don't know the first thing about cameras :p x

Megapixels and specifications do not neccessarily a good picture make.

More important is lens quality, something they can't tell you about in any spec.

This is where Canon and Nikon shine.

Your choice though, buy the Samsung if you will, you'll probably never even realise what you're missing.....

Reaction score
Hmm so you would buy the Canon, in that case I shall ... on amazon, how do i get a red one! :p x

Reaction score
Okay ignore that, I found em! Seems to have better reviews aswell

Can you buy something for it - so I can place it on a cradle or something and it will charge ... or is that to ott

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Remember Nikon just came out tops in that poll...

Ideally, yes, a Nikon Coolpix may be a better choice. maybe.

But you ain't gonna get a Coolpix with all the trimmings for around £100.00 are you?

And £100.00 is G-Man's budget.

My twin girls will be 19 on 11th September.

They're both going on holiday to Spain with their boyfriends tonight, flight left at 10.30pm.

They both phoned me today to say how pleased they were with their cameras and how impressed they were with the picture quality.

With each 460 camera (one red, one blue) I bought a Grade II (medium) 2Gb SD memory card; a case; a battery charger and two spare rechargeable AA cells each, so they sorted well and good.

Your choice :)

If it's budget, get the Canon 460, it's good, believe me. If it's a little more quality you're after, get the Nikon Coolpix that costs around £150.00, that was the second choice I offered my girls, but I did point out they'd have to buy all the accessories themselves at that price.

Although to be honest I'm reckoning you gonna be hard pressed to tell the difference between quality of pix.

And another thing, my eldest daughter's Nikon Coolpix takes longer to charge the flash between pix than the Canon 460.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You can get to see what sort of pics your camera will take here and an overall look aswell . Covers most of the popular makes .
:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
You can get to see what sort of pics your camera will take here and an overall look aswell . Covers most of the popular makes .
:thumb:

Where? :lol:

Reaction score
Hehe, I also cant find where! :p

Well thanks for the advice floppy, I think I will probably get a blue one, according to a review the red is slightly pink :O

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
It is your choice but like flops said , dont get taken in by MP

Nikon or Canon...your choice again ....but I , Flops and Chris say they are the best

Short term or long term photography ( will you want more when you know how to work it)

if yes get a SLR again canon or Nikon

if not then the choice is narrowed down somewhat ..point and shoot by the above by expertise

some more on Megapixels ...https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-63461.php

There is loads of info here at PC review even for SLR owners , please take the time and you will be rewarded very well :wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Quadophile said:

Those are damm fine pics . if he lives ther he's a very lucky man .
nod.gif

Ask a Question